• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I "de-blur" a License Plate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to use photoshop to deblur a License Plate? My car was parked on the street when a guy backed into my vehicle. Even though my security camera recorded the entire event, the license plate isn't as clear as I'd like it to be. If there is any way I can deblur the license plate, I can file a claim with my insurance. It'll cost me $700-$900 to fix the damage to my front bumper without going through my insurance. So any help will be greatly appreciated. I've attached the blurred image below. If anyone wants the video I can upload it too.

Screenshot_20171002-220505.jpg

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Maybe 6ACY10? take the numbers you can read to the police. Even if they don't have a full plate number, any numbers can help narrow it down with the make of the car, which is shown.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not much there to work with. There is a technique using the various video frames, but I wouldn't count on it with the resolution so low.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm attaching a screen shot of what I did to the image you uploaded as a sample. It looks like the first number is a 5? But I am not sure about the rest. Is the video that you said you have any better quality than what you uploaded?

I used the shake reduction filter to get these results and you can see the settings I used in the window. I also tried Smart Sharpen, and I didn't get as good of results as Shake Reduction. Try it and see what you can come up with.

Blessings,

Michelle

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 10.38.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Thank you very much for all of your reply and trying to help me out. Despite being new to photoshop I'm trying my best to try to figure this out. I want to hold this guy accountable for his action. I actually got few more pictures and videos from my security camera. mglush​ I think you're right that the first number is 5 and looks like the last two are 10, but I'm not skilled enough to really figure it out. I'm attaching a screenshot here, but if you need more help to figure this out I've uploaded some more pics and videos here ---

Camera_IMG

Dropbox - Camera_Video

But I really help everyone trying to help me out. Really appreciate all the support I'm getting. Thank you!

2017-10-5-19-6-9-682.png2017-10-5-19-6-9-451.png2017-10-5-19-6-9-225.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe 6ACY10? take the numbers you can read to the police. Even if they don't have a full plate number, any numbers can help narrow it down with the make of the car, which is shown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. I think it's 6ACX10. I just did a free plate lookup and it came out to be a 2007 Ford F-150. I 'm gonna run with that. Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very good. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chuck,

I have almost the same situation. A Toyota Pick up (Perhaps Tundra) hit me and ran away before I was able to get close to them. I was able to use my cellphone and take three photos, but the plate number is not clear (I am kind of able to read 7JIP but the last three numbers are very hard to understand from the original photo.  Could you please help me.  IMG_0991.JPG

IMG_0993.JPGIMG_0992.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's really not enough there to read the plate. In the OP's post, I was able to get a bit more resolution because he had a video, and I used a process of stacking the video frames and using statics to get a higher res image. If you have some of the plate, you can still go to the police and they can have more to go on with the numbers you have and the type of car that it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Impossible. This is the real world, not an episode of CSI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines