• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remove an object from an image?

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.1.8 20190226.r.442 2019/02/26: 1205701  x64

I would like to know the step by step instructions to remove an object from an image.

For example: If I have a photo of myself and the background is not a solid color, but has trees, buildings or cars, etc in the back ground, how can I remove myself from the image and then copy that portion to create another image?

Keith

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Hi Keith,

As you would like to remove an object from a picture, could you please share the picture here so that we can check it and help you out accordingly?

Also, please have a look at this video and let us know if it helps: How To Remove ANYTHING From a Photo In Photoshop - YouTube

This article might help: Remove unwanted objects from photos |

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keith,

As you would like to remove an object from a picture, could you please share the picture here so that we can check it and help you out accordingly?

Also, please have a look at this video and let us know if it helps: How To Remove ANYTHING From a Photo In Photoshop - YouTube

This article might help: Remove unwanted objects from photos |

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a ton of tutorials out there - look for replacing background. Best place to start in PS is to use the select subject button in the options bar when you have your quick selection tool active.

2019-06-11_11-19-33.png

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil.Chawla​ thank you

I didn't have an actual image off hand. I just wanted to know how to do it so when I came across on image with a object I wanted to remove I would know how to do it.

As for the video tutorial it was perfect. he talks about 3 ways to do it. I just watched the first way and followed along with an image I found and it worked

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are lots of ways to remove an object from photo. You can try this tool which they call Apowersoft Watermark Remover, this tool has features that are useful in removing some object from your image. I have been using this one for a year now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there! I hope it's not too late to give you some tips to help you remove unwanted objects from a photo. Besides, there is much reliable software in the market that you can use to edit your image, specifically when it comes to removing unnecessary objects. I actually experienced the same wherein I have to find a way to edit my image to make it perfect. Thankfully, I discover this user-friendly software that I want to recommend to you which is Apowersoft Watermark Remover. It is truly a simple software that will help you delete disturbing objects just like what you have mentioned. Good thing, the quality of your file will not be impacted once you processed your image into the software. Aside from that, it has three selection tools that you can use to do the task, including the lasso tool, brush tool, and marquee tool. What else, this software allows you to select multiple objects and remove them in batch. To give you what it looks like, you can check pieces of information below. 

2020-03-02_1032.png

2020-03-02_1034.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines