• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I sync my preferences?

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop installed on one laptop with a bunch very specific preferences set up like keyboard shortcuts, etc.

Now I have just installed it on a second laptop. I'm expecting there to be a way for my preferences to be saved as part of my creative cloud user account so that the application is automatically configured how I want it on the second laptop. But if there is such a feature I have yet to find it.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

We _used_ to be able to do that, but the file syncing was removed with CC 2015.1 

Photoshop CC 2015.1: Why was sync settings removed? | Photoshop Family Customer Community

So all we can give you is a list of Photoshop CC file locations.

Preference file functions, names, locations | Photoshop CC 2014

I did once play with backing up the relevant folder tree, but it was too much hassle.  I don't even know for sure whether shortcuts are stored with custom work spaces or in the ...Prefs.psp file?  It'

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We _used_ to be able to do that, but the file syncing was removed with CC 2015.1 

Photoshop CC 2015.1: Why was sync settings removed? | Photoshop Family Customer Community

So all we can give you is a list of Photoshop CC file locations.

Preference file functions, names, locations | Photoshop CC 2014

I did once play with backing up the relevant folder tree, but it was too much hassle.  I don't even know for sure whether shortcuts are stored with custom work spaces or in the ...Prefs.psp file?  It's a sorry state of affairs to be sure.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, how annoying! Adobe really are a nightmare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the link is no longer active - is there finally a way to sync prefs without fiddling with system files? I thought that was supposed to be the great advantage of Adobe Cloud, since syncing 6 GB sized files or ginormous video files doesn't make any practical sense at all. 
We still have to "reset preferences" sometimes, why this still isn't under control after decades is beyond me, of course I can always open my PDF with screenshots, but I'd rather have a better UX than AI filters. So whyt's happening here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chill and enjoy your Neural Filters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines