• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you exactly position the points of a gradient?

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create a linear black->white gradient that goes exactly from one point to another, e.g. (320,500) to (600,500) in Photoshop 22.4.3 on Windows. I know you can make a gradient by dragging between two points with the gradient tool, but I need to position these two points accurately. How do I do this?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Use the guides to mark the coordinates you want. With the wiev -> Snap to -> Guides option enabled, select the Gradient tool, hold down the Shift key and draw a straight line from guide to guide

P.S. the coordinates of the guides are easy to control using the info panel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems you need to do that by script. Probably someone willing will help you soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the guides to mark the coordinates you want. With the wiev -> Snap to -> Guides option enabled, select the Gradient tool, hold down the Shift key and draw a straight line from guide to guide

P.S. the coordinates of the guides are easy to control using the info panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean clicking on rulers most top left point and dragging it to somewhere on canvas? It determines only first pont to start gradient from, so can you show me what you exactly mean, maybe by screenshot? Than You.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of uncertainties in the author's question. If the coordinates are specified as (X, Y), then it is not entirely clear what the Y coordinate is for (gradient fills the entire working area). If the gradient needs to be of a certain thickness, then it is easy to constrain the selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You original answer was edited after already I asked, but I imagined you probably think of that you showed on the video, however before correction that wasn't clear yet for me yet 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I constantly confuse rulers and guides 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You know that is probably the best way to do it.  Totally agree with Jazz-y on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines