• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you fix pixelation after saving

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been doing photoshop for my own uses and as a hobby etc; my entire life and I know a lot but theres still a lot I don't know. This question has been the culprit of my insanity literally MY ENTIRE Ps life lol

So how do you fix this?

(What I see in Ps program ->Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 4.19.33 PM.png

(What the photo saves to -> Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 4.19.46 PM.png

(just incase your eyes aren't as good as mine I'll point out some examples so you can see what's happening below)example.png

As you can see the top of the T and that cloud are becoming one through the color bleed and pixelation but in my first image (In the Ps Program) Everything seems fine like it's coming together. Everything looks smooth sharp and nice (this was a quick project or it'd be a little higher quality than this) *However* once I save and go to post the color bleeds everywhere, pixelates and tones out strangely in odd places... ._. How do you fix this?!

All layers have been merged and yes this is a from scratch built image no stretching prior made images to scale etc;

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saving as TIF or PSD that should have no degradation, or are you saving as JPG which will have artifacts based on compression with more compress/smaller-size being worse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it's not TIFF or PSD because it's for uploading so it's JPEG and saved at (12)Maximum and Large File

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JPEG is for Photos (that's what the P stands for). It is very carefully designed for real world photos, with ragged edges and gradual colour change. It is spectacularly bad, by design, for pure blocks of colour, including text. Use PNG instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PNG output format can be used for web graphics if you don't want degradation of the edges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Build it as a number of Shape layers so it is infinitely scalable

Or if it started as small raster graphic, this particular type of graphic is going to work well with the new Image Size > Preserve Details 2.0 algorithm.

This is my part vector rendition of your graphic flattened to a raster layer with nice clean edges.  Now fingers crossed this is going to work!

Yay!  Outstanding result.  This a portion up-resed from 470 pixels to 2000 pixels, and barely a trace of pixelation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, what the others say: JPEG is terrible for line art and this type of vector art. Use PNG (or even GIF if your work doesn't use a lot of colours). WebP (lossless) is also a great format, but not entirely supported in all browsers, unfortunately.

Photoshop isn't that good at optimizing PNGs, though. ColorQuantizer does the best job. Try opening a full 24bit PNG in CQ, and optimize it. Also, arguably for this type of artwork scaling down works splendidly well with Catmull-Rom, which is, I believe, not supported in Photoshop. CQ does support this, though.

Color quantizer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Since you're posting it online, the best way to save the file is by;

Save For Web -> PNG

Ctrl + Shift + S (Windows)

Command + Shift + S (Mac)

Saving line or vector art in JPEG is a terrible idea since it compresses the image.

Have a nice day,

Eashan Misra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines