May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cGSIT-d8oVg-0F4YsokccUUFRaHDFEkaQQ6Zdl61pK0.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One (and possibly the superior) method would be using a 3D application with smoke generation and/or a particle system.

But easier would be using a cloud Brush or a Pattern based on the Filter Clouds.

skullAndCloudsScr.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like c.pfaffenbichler I would probably use a particle simulation in a 3D application (take a look at Blender)

However - you can get a passible effect combining multiple cloud effect layers (Filter Render Clouds) within a group  and colouring them with a layer set to color blending mode and clipped to the group

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like c.pfaffenbichler I would probably use a particle simulation in a 3D application (take a look at Blender)

Actually my familiarity with proper 3D software is barely superficial but at the company where I work there is a 3D department so I appreciate that some things can be achieved »in 3D« with better results than trying to illustrate them in Photoshop. (Though the renderings may still need some minor, final tweaks in Photoshop.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That hits the nail right on the head! No need to work exclusively in 3D or 2D but use the strengths of both.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To create a »cloudish« brush one can start with the Filter »Clouds«, isolate one part and create a Brush Preset and add some randomisation in the Shape Dynamics.

cloudBrushTest1.pngcloudBrushTest2.pngcloudBrushTest3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines