Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How is this image blurred in part?

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

I am wondering how this image is blurred in one section. Is it a mask with a white rectangle shape with the opacity low on the shape? 

Thanks for your help.

Stacey. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Blur seems "constant" on the background of the picture, so I guess you mean the white-out?

You can do that in many ways.
One non-destructive way...:
Put a layer under your picture that looks white.

On your picture, add a white layer mask and paint on it with a soft black brush.

Photoshop_d6kyKEM1X5.jpg

You can also paint white on your actual photo, use the Eraser tool on the photo., etc. (destructive).

-

Your example might look like this in PS...

Photoshop_jy7o0LjA0s.jpg

The black on the left side of the mask is not really needed here, as you can see t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blur seems "constant" on the background of the picture, so I guess you mean the white-out?

You can do that in many ways.
One non-destructive way...:
Put a layer under your picture that looks white.

On your picture, add a white layer mask and paint on it with a soft black brush.

Photoshop_d6kyKEM1X5.jpg

You can also paint white on your actual photo, use the Eraser tool on the photo., etc. (destructive).

-

Your example might look like this in PS...

Photoshop_jy7o0LjA0s.jpg

The black on the left side of the mask is not really needed here, as you can see the left of the pic is transparent — it will already show the white underneath.

-

Or the photo layer may have white on the left already.

You could non-destructively paint white on a clipped layer (In this case, you could use a normal layer too, as the photo layer has no transparency you want to respect).

If this should also paint on the left when you don't want it, mask that layer or erase that paint.

Or to prevent that, you could also paint with a marching ants selection of the photo active. (The less pixels, the smaller the file, but often some playing room is nice/needed.)

Photoshop_uBosl99pqr.jpg

-

Here I painted with a selection active, so paint only goes over the photo, saving on file size.

Untitled-1-copy_-52448.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your help I will try one of those options. This is what the image looked like before. And yeah I meant the white out part on the right handside of the image 🙂 Bec Studying.jpgAnd this is after

Desktop Web Banner.png Thanks heaps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was good to review some basics for me 😉 If you never read one full course (book), you may only discover some handy basics very late in your Photoshop life. The books I did read were usually "advanced"  LOL

P.S. Gradients instead of a brush are cool for this too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines