• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How often is the subscription cost of Photoshop going to rise?

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm thinking of subscribing to Photoshop. Earlier this year, the cheapest subscription (I only want want Photoshop) was somewhere around £5+ per month. Now it's nearly doubled to just short of a tenner. This kind of arbitrary price rise makes me nervous. How often is Adobe going to increase the price? If it's going to be a regular thing -- ie arbitrary price hikes whenever Adobe feels like it -- I think I'll stick to PE. But I just wondered if anyone knew/could guess how often Adobe increases its prices. All and any help gratefully received.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Not sure where you seen that offer, Photoshop on it's own is currently $20/month, the Photography Plan is $9.99/month and has been that price as far back as I can remember, as to price increases nobody here can really tell if Adobe plans to increase the price going forward

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html?promoid=P3KMQYMW&mv=other

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya. Thanks for this. The prices I'm quoting were/are on the UK version of the Adobe website.  You're quite right: I was looking at the Photography plan. I realise that prices will increase over time but it would be a big help to know if there are eg set moments (eg after a year from first taking out a subscription) when the bill might go up. Most other service providers in the UK give their customers this information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been around £10 ever since it started. You may have seen a super-special limited offer, but I never saw one that special. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. There was nothing to say that the £5+ package was a special time-limited offer and quite a lot of people I know were on that deal. But I accept it no longer exists. I'm just a tad uncomfortable about locking myself into a subscription package (as opposed to buying a one-off standalone product like PE 2020) where I can't even make a guess about the likely future commitment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing to be clear about is that it is £10ish a month but you sign up for a year. You have to pay for the year. Past experience shows that price adjustments are made as the next year starts - it will auto renew unless you cancel at the end of the first year (not later). Most price adjustments seem related to currency. If the pound falls in value, the price will go up. Good job there is no political uncertainty in the UK...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much for this. I take the point. As you say, thank goodness there is no political uncertainty in the UK right now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines