Exit

how to add a film layer effect to an existing image

Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

i took 2 pciures today - one vac uum packed and the other opended

i need to change the way the meat was in pack as i wasn't happy with the layout after vac packing

now how if this is possible do i add a palstic film layer simlar to the orignal image to the non covered iamge 

for info i couldn't reseal as i would need a specilait machine to reseal and i was working from hoem takign these photos 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use the original image as reference and paint highlights over the meat simulating reflections seen from the film.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try Filter - Filter Gallery - Artistic - Plastic Wrap

2022-08-16_15-04-09.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought of that too but wasnt sure if that misrepresented how the film really looks when applied to the product.

What if you shot the product with the film seal with intense lighting/highlights,  then removed the film, matched the position then reshoot the product?

You could overlay the film layer and adjust accordingly while being able to color correct the meat.

Even if you reposition, you should be able to align the sealed meat for an overlay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, not sure that palstic wrap filter works in this case as it's a vac packed bag 

how do i do that paint highlights and i will try that - i have a pci of the meat sealed below for reference 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Again, you'd have to shoot both packages in the same orientation.

Then place the vac sealed image on a second layer over the opened package.

Next add a third layer to paint white using the second layer as a guide.

Hide the second layer after painting highlights.

Change your blend modes and opacity on the highlight layer to add them to the unsealed package.

This is a complete hack job with no visual reference but you get the idea.

The key to all of this is shooting both packages the same orientation so you can align them when stacking.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1660827056945.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines