Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to adjust minimum dot of white areas in print

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I normally work on files for the web but I'm currently preparing some files for print.

Can anyone help me with this request please?

Please make sure the white areas have a minimum dot and are not completely white.

I have loads of files to prepare and I was wondering if someone can tell me if there is a quick way of doing this. For example, using the curves or levels panels. Where do I adjust this? If the output says 0 do I change to 1?

The prints are scans of white plastic bags on white backgrounds. The white of the bags need to be adjusted so that they actually print, rather than merging with the background.

I can see the difference on the screen, but ofcourse it's a different matter when they are printed.

I'm no expert on the technicalities of print. Therefore, If at all possible I need very compact info on how to do this.

Many thanks in advance!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to say that this will be done in Photoshop! thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly, they need to specify a minimum dot % value. It may be 3, 5, 7, 10% or some other value.

What colour mode are you working in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Cmyk. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get whoever is telling you this to provide an ICC output profile, then it will handle this as it should. 

Or send them tagged RGB and make them handle all this. Anything else is a possible exercise in expensive and unexpected print output results. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can take a look at the various actions and presets in my flexo curves download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5e28ha300yuihwh/FlexoCurves.zip?dl=0

curves.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines