• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change language in Photoshop CS5 from Polish (or any else) to English? (Windows) [locked]

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2010 Jun 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a Polish language version of Photoshop CS 5 and I'd like to change it to english.

I've tried by

Edit>Preferences>Interface: Interface language

but there is only Polish language to choose.

Is there english version to download anywhere?

I'll be glad for any help

[This question is from January 3, 2012 about CS5. The correct answer for CS5 is no, you have to buy a new version. This thread is now locked, and the answer has changed in newer versions.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jun 22, 2010 Jun 22, 2010

You are stuck with Polish!

One installer = one language.

The only way to get English is to buy an English version (or exchange via Adobe).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what to do for CS6: suppose that the language is Deutch (DE) and you want to make it french (FR).

1- You reinstall the programme but this time select the right language. Once you do that, DE is still your default langue.

2- Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 and notice the two folder fr_FR for (french) and de_DE (for deutch). Delete de_DE. Run Dreamweaver and smile, it's french.

I am sure that once once you install DW there is somewhere you can go in the menu to select your language, but I can't read Deutch...

Hope it help.

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in trouble since I need to buy a CS4 (design standard at least) for mac to upgrade the existing CS2 licence on powerpc macs that will not allow me to get a CS 6 installed and I can only rely on resellers, so it is much easier for me to buy a legal english copy than an italian one, at least a sealed one. I have the multilingual (original from adobe) demo: do you think I will be able to have it running in Italian? I guess the english serial will not let me autorize the multilanguage copy...  I ask beacuse I need to buy the english version and I must be sure I can have it in italian after... for an illegitimate copy I would have simply tested...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2012 Oct 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't read all of it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2013 Jan 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey did you  got to  change the lenguage  i was trying to  do it   and  i  found  this  hope  this  helps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HvRgVeU8w4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2013 Nov 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the easest, fastest sulotion i found on youtube

this one is for windows http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nihpsm17lOc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get more languages in that UI language field you need to install trials of the wanted language over your exisitng photoshop. A licence is not needed. The trial is enough.

It worked for me few years ago when I needed the engl. GUI for certain actions. I can't say if this works with CS5 or 6.

Installing was also quickly done, it appreaded that only misisng files got installed and licence and all got overtaken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step 1

Close Photoshop and navigate to the "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Locales" directory on your hard drive. The exact pathname may vary on your system.

Step 2

Open the subdirectory for the installed language -- it has a format like "it_IT" or there will be a file with an underscore depending on the language you have, if you have 2 files like that you will need to change both -- and then open the "Support Files" directory.

Step 3

Rename "tw10428.dat" to "tw10428.dat.bak". If you don't see this exact file, or you see other files, rename any file that begins with "tw" and ends in ".dat".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2015 Nov 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change that by modifying a file

go to Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Locales\fr_CA\Support Files

modify the "pack" file in the location then change the

version=11

prefstring=English:  <-----------   change this into English

Canadian

localeid=fr_CA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES you can! Follow these instructions:
Adobe Photoshop CS6 - Change language to English - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines