• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change language in Photoshop to English?

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used various versions of Photoshop since the year 2000 (all in English). I recently started the subscription program for the Adobe Suite (Lightroom, Photoshop etc). Lightroom came in English, Photoshop in Norwegian (my Operating system on my PC is in Norwegian). Under languages in Photoshop, I only have one: Norwegian!

So, how do I get to an English language version of Photoshop, please?

Bjorn.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Take a look here, you'll need to uninstall and reinstall the existent installation to change the language

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/help/change-install-language.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, you can keep the English version, it is just a few Megabytes, it might come handy to follow tutorials...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply. But do I really need to re-install the whole Creative-Cloud application? I was hoping it was sufficient to re-install only Photoshop?

Bjorn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you just need to reinstall Photoshop as per section 6 in the link I posted above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEllo, no, you just change one setting in the CC application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PECourtejoie

To apply the language change to an app already installed on your computer, uninstall and reinstall the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Deleted User , it's one way, but you can safely have different languages installed at the same time for Photoshop, you then just need to switch it in Preferences>Interface, if you want, I can post a screenshot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines