• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change UI text size in Photoshop 2021?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My newly installed Photoshop 2021 has very tiny text in the toolbar.

PS tiny toolbar.jpg

I went to Edit/Preferences/Interface and changed the UI Font Size to Large, as shown below. I've clicked OK, closed Photoshop, and reopened it - and the US text is still really small. How do I fix it?

PS preferences.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Layna15A9  I also tick the box below it - Scale UI to Font and that works for me.

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried it both ways, Scale UI ticked and not. It still won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still haven't answered my question.  Which operating system and version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it's Photoshop 22.5.1 on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you have the latest Win10 updates (ver 21H1), you can increase font-size from your display settings.  See below for details

display font settings - Bing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the time it became an option in Photoshop software, not once have I ever had to increase the size of the operating system display resolution in order to increase the Photoshop User Interface type tool. Adobe made it available within the software, it should work "within the software". Having to increase the overall sizeof every single application your operating system displays simply because you need the UI Type tool to display larger is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be ridiculous to you but some people don't have modern software that's Hi-DPI aware.  Pre-Creative Cloud users have no UI scaling in their Preference settings.  Also the effect of UI scaling may vary significantly on 4  - 5K displays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, well, there's that too I suppose ;o)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/hidpi-retina.html

Photoshop offers a full range of choices for UI scaling—from 100% through 400% in 25% increments.

Photoshop adjusts its resolution based on your Windows settings:

• In Windows, select Start > Settings > System > Display. Now, under Scale And Layout, choose a scaling factor for each of your displays. See Microsoft Support for View display settings in Windows 10.

In addition, you can adjust per-monitor scaling across monitors with different scaling factors. This flexibility ensures that a high resolution (HiDPI) laptop works seamlessly alongside a lower-resolution desktop monitor, or vice versa. For example, one of your monitors can have a scale factor of 175%, while another monitor can have a scale factor of 400%. So, you can choose either the highest-end 13-inch laptops with 4k screens, the more affordable 1080p models, or tap into 8k desktop monitors, and still have an uncompromised experience within Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines