• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Draw Motion Lines?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wanting to draw motion lines that simulate shaking and jiggling.

All tutorials I've watched refer to every other motion type except what I'm after.

Didn't know where esle to go.

I've attached a pictured to show what I mean.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

You can make some quickly if you understand how to create and work with vector (draw, not paint) graphics as a shape layer. The demo below shows one way it could be done precisely in a few seconds. Pros would use the Pen tool and I usually do, but in the demo I used the Curvature Pen tool because it can be easier for beginners.

The nice thing about doing it as shape layers is that it’s easy to make duplicates that you can vary in size, shape, and position to indicate different kinds of shaking

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would call them vibration lines. You could draw a few arcs with the Pen tool where you want the lines, and choose a small hard brush with the size control set to Pen Pressure in Shape Dynamics. Select the path segments, and from the Paths panel menu, click on Stroke Path, and in the popup dialog, set Tool to Brush , with the Simulate Pressure box checked. This will give you tapered ends, or you can leave the box un-checked for constant width lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make some quickly if you understand how to create and work with vector (draw, not paint) graphics as a shape layer. The demo below shows one way it could be done precisely in a few seconds. Pros would use the Pen tool and I usually do, but in the demo I used the Curvature Pen tool because it can be easier for beginners.

The nice thing about doing it as shape layers is that it’s easy to make duplicates that you can vary in size, shape, and position to indicate different kinds of shaking.

If you need more info, study: Shape layers, drawing with the Curvature Pen tool or Pen tool, and path editing with the Path Selection and Direct Selection tools.

Photoshop DaveMan1000 shake lines.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much. Any chance you can send that to me as a video that I can play back without needing to wait for the whole thing to finish and restart?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines