• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export individual layers with one layer ALWAYS on?

Engaged ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a tricky one. Is there any way to export each layer of my psd individually but with keeping the top layer (a custom border) ALWAYS exported and visible on top of each layer?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there are different scripts:

You can use the Layer Saver or Layer Saver Plus scripts:

https://github.com/Paul-Riggott/PS-Scripts

Or this script:

https://github.com/mechanicious/photoshopCompositionComposer

More on saving and installing here:

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2017/11/downloading-and-installing-adobe-scripts.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry maybe I wasn't clear again: my working document is a psd with 100 layers, I want to export them as 100 png images though, each with their own name and with the top most layer visible in each.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which user account are you???!!!

Are you @warpigs666 or are you @dadelphi or are you both users?

Did you actually try these scripts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all layers selected before running the script, Paul Riggott's Layer Saver Plus script can mark a common layer and output the common layer combined with each individual layer to individual files with different names:

Layer Saver Plus.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the common layer as the top layer, Paul Riggott's Layer Saver script produces files with different names without overwriting the same file:

Layer Saver.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I tried Save Incrementally but it seems buggy, it works but PNGs save as PSDs and I need PNGs, it also overwrites the previous file despite setting it to increment the file name, unless you use the 'date and time' option. The other options work though. I posted my response here https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/save-copy-incrementally-with-javascri... (One username is old one new, I don't know why it's showing both.) 

This Layer Saver Plus works. I tried it previously but it's glitchy in 2022 and shows up as white on white dialog window so I didn't bother with it. But I just tried it anyways now and it does work. Someone who has the know how should update it. Thanks very much for the help though! I need to explore scripts more...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have used these scripts in version 2021 without issue.

The scripts are old, they pre-date the "dark" interface. I changed the code to use a dark interface for my personal use.

The white interface:

win.graphics.backgroundColor = win.graphics.newBrush(win.graphics.BrushType.SOLID_COLOR, [0.99, 0.99, 0.99, 1]);

The dark interface, values such as 0.1, 0.2, or 0.3 etc:

win.graphics.backgroundColor = win.graphics.newBrush(win.graphics.BrushType.SOLID_COLOR, [0.1, 0.1, 0.1, 1]);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make layer comps. then use file >> Export >> Layer Comps to files

Other way is to use file >> export layers to files, than run batch action that adds the extra layer and flattens teh fodler fo files you jsut made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Comps would be too much work but exporting layers as files then doing some sort of batch edit could work. Currently I've sent the layers to frames and I can move through the timeline from one to the next, I just wish I could easily hit an export shortcut without having to enter a name each time. The Save Incrementally script looks promising but there's a bug or something because it saves psd instead of png...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except that it doesn't work... 😞 Actions can't record Adobe's "new" export menu... So all I could do is save each one as a psd. I'm really starting to dislike this suite of products. Every week I'm finding it unable to do basic things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines