• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to find specific Grayscale or RGB value in the image?

Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is it possible to find specific RGB value in the image in photoshop? For example I have an image with lots of differently colored rectangles and I need to find (select) the one that has specific [R:30 G:30 B:30] color. Is it possible? Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

If you have your desired color set as the Foreground Color, open Select > Color Range, and set the Fuzziness slider to zero. Now, click on the Foreground Color swatch in the toolbar, and it will select that color.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Another option is to use Image > Adjustments > Threshold and type in a value of 31 to help visually isolate a value of 30r30g30b.

threshold.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) On the left side panel select the eyedropper tool/click in the rectangle for which you want the value/On the right side panel click the Color Tab/select the three vertical lines and select RGB sliders.  The RGB numerical settings are displayed.
2) move to the next rectangle and click with eyedropper tool and its values are displayed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks for reply, but I meant smth different, I do know the RGB values I want to find, I just don't know where they are exactly (which colored ectangle exactly has this color) because there are let's say thousands of these rectangles in my image. So I need a way to find and select those areas in my image which contain that specific RGB color I'm looking for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Defonten – Does this need to be automated? If so, please provide a screenshot of the document content with the layers panel visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go - I need to find and select areas in this image that contain let's say value 73. 

Defonten_0-1706931446622.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the method I described on the image you provided. I got the Foreground Color using the swatch in your Color panel:

color range.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So it's a flattened image. OK.

After using the Threshold method as I described, you can then use Selcect > Color Range with Sampled Colors and click on the area identified when using Threshold as a "live preview".

Another method would be to dupe the Background layer and use the layer option Blend If sliders to isolate the luminosity range of the RGB value.

2024-02-03_14-53-10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have your desired color set as the Foreground Color, open Select > Color Range, and set the Fuzziness slider to zero. Now, click on the Foreground Color swatch in the toolbar, and it will select that color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did the trick thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option is to use Image > Adjustments > Threshold and type in a value of 31 to help visually isolate a value of 30r30g30b.

threshold.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic! This is also a great way of doing it! Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines