• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fit images to HDTV canvas?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to fit several images to a HDTV canvas or mainly the vertical side just by drag and dropping.

Usually "Resize image during place" does that but to the shortest side, I want it the other way around.

How can I go about that??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HD is standardized resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. Resize your image to fit that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I have to do this to over 100 images witch means I first have to resize all of them and them place them in the HD canvas.

Its double the work for me. Isn't there an easier way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use File > Automate > Fit Image, with target dimensions set to 1920 wide and 1080 high. This can be run as a batched action on all files. Just sit back until it's done.

Of course, this means empty space on two sides for images with different aspect ratios. So then you can expand the action with a Canvas Size step, again using 1920 x 1080 as target size. This fills out the empty sides with the color you choose (normally black).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines