Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

How to Increase Resolution in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if its posible to increase the resolution/ pixcel of in image in photoshop. i have recently lost some of my original files. lucky i uploaded a few to social media but the have low resolution.

[Link removed by moderator]

TOPICS
FAQ, How to, Mac, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Community Professional , Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021
You can interpolate pixels to increase the number of pixels but that is not the same as a real increase in resolution. Photoshop has to make up the interim pixel values using algorithms on the existing pixel. It cannot restore lost pixels. Dave

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional , Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021
Please post images on this Forum directly.  Image > Image Size, Camera Raw’s Super Resolution, … would be options. 

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can interpolate pixels to increase the number of pixels but that is not the same as a real increase in resolution. Photoshop has to make up the interim pixel values using algorithms on the existing pixel. It cannot restore lost pixels.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post images on this Forum directly. 

Image > Image Size, Camera Raw’s Super Resolution, … would be options. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines