• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install Photoshop CC 2019 (version 20.0)

Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks, any idea how to install Photoshop CC 2019 (version 20.0)?

I updated to version the current version after holding off for a while as I just didn't want to change.  Now that I updated, the new version is gltichy as hell for me and can't work with files from without all kinds of graphical glitches, rendering my photoshop sub useless.

The creative cloud App only shows versions as low as Photoshop (22.0).

Any assistance would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look here:  All the New Adobe CC 2019 Direct Download Links, Now Available! | ProDesignTools

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.3.1 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems odd that I would need to go to an external site with the potential
for malware to get a valid install. Seems a tad unsafe IMO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For various reasons, Adobe now only offers the current version and one major version prior in the Cloud desktop app.

The only reliable way to get older versions is via the Prodesigntools website which has safely been providing download links to previous versions of Adobe software for many years. The Prodesigntools links actually point to installers located on Adobe servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any Adobe apps installed in my High Sierra/mac. I deleted Photoshop 2019 & 2020 by mistake and cleaned the entire hard drive to make the computer run faster, which it has. However, I never could had imagined Adobe would no let me install 2020/19 again. I have followed the installing link provided by ProDesignTools and it just circles around to the Adobe page. I see some folks have been successful installing it but I keep getting a 41 Error and the instructions on how to do this, I have followed but are pretty vague. Can you help me identify the problem and real solutions, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe made a decision in May of this year to no longer support (including download packages) CC 2020/CC 2021. Beware of anyone who offering you a download of CC 2020/CC 2021. It' most likely malware.

Your only option right now is to download CC2019 from the links provided below.

All the New Adobe CC 2019 Direct Download Links, Now Available! | ProDesignTools

I'll recommend to save the download files on an USB stick, hard drive or CD/DVD, but it isn't sure how long these links are available. 

Many thanks to jim @ prodesigntools.com

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.3.1 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@victoriaherrera1221 Im pinging the team to follow up. You're the second user to tell us youre getting error 41 with the 2019 installs. @ProDesignTools 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG Thank you for acknowling me! I am quiet desperate! I could use my job over this ;( (deleteting Phtotoshop by mistake). I read in several other threads that people are not able to download CC2019 either through Pro
DesignTool. Thank U SO MUCH for looking into this, and I hope Adobe folks really care about us *after all the money we spend on Adobe month after month until eternety. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@victoriaherrera1221 while we wait for an update - can you try to download and install 2018 from ProDesign tools?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, 100 times, however Adobe only offers 2018 64 Bit. Not sure if that is the reason. This computer can not handle other than 32 Bit. Not sure, but that could be the reason why 2019/18 is not working. I come to that conclussion since the Color calibration software that I use and Need for work, is not compatible with 64 Bit. Thank you kindly. Adobe just needs to be less griddy and let us download in our old, but running computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, 100 times, however Adobe only offers 2018 64 Bit. Not sure if that is the reason. This computer can not handle other than 32 Bit.

By @victoriah39290828

Your Mac running High Sierra is more than likely 64 bit. The fact that you're running High Sierra means it can run both 32 bit and 64 bit software.

If you post the screenshot from the About This Mac menu, we can tell you more.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-01230/determining-if-your-computer-is-32-bit-or-64...

What exactly happens when you try to install 2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Readers have reported that Error Code 41 "Sorry, installation failed – Installer was unable to access a critical file/directory" a handful of times with CC 2019 over the past couple of years...

Here are the current suggestions to try in order to solve it, though for some reason, people have had varying success.

CC 2018 can be used as an alternative and doesn't seem to run into that error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not sure who is marking these post as correct but neither were answers. One was the user thanking me for acknowledging them and the second was a question I posted about trying to download 2018. Please stop marking posts correct if they are not definitive answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide the exact direct link here please? steps to follow? I am dizzy going in circles 1k times. The links on ProDT take us to the Adobe page, and no where in there, after I sign in with my Adobe/Apple ID,  I can see there is a link to download 2019/18. Maybe I am missing it. Thanks for your support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @victoriah39290828 there are only links for 2019 and back - if you click the 2020 and newer it will take you to the Adobe page as they are no longer available. If your Mac is running High Sierra, you can install the 64 bit 2018 installers for Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines