Exit

How to install Picture Package

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

So I wanted to install the "Picture Package" plugin.  Went to:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/print-photos-picture-package-layout.html

and then downloaded.  Well..........

How do I actually "install" it?!  All it does is give me a ZIP file, and even after unzipping, it's just a few files and a folder.  No installer, nothing.

I have Photoshop 2024 on Windows 11.

Thanks!

CB

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So do I just copy the unzipped files/folders into the plugin folders and launch PS?  Is that all it is?  No actual "installation"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is the installation (you only need to install the plugin file/s to one of the folders).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but that doesn't seem to be working.  I copied the extracted folder to:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC

In there already was "File Formats", which seems to be "Camera Raw".  Now I see:

ChrisBartlett77_0-1712368558674.png

When I open PS now, I still don't have Picture Package listed as a Plug-In, nor do I see ther Picture Package option under File --> Automate as the article suggests.

BUT I did go into Creative Cloud and installed PP from there:

ChrisBartlett77_1-1712368691205.png

THAT now shows under Plug-ins, but not File --> Automate.  I don't know if it's the same thing.

I remember, years and years ago when I used to do this sort of thing, I had PP under File --> Automate, but that was literally, like, Photoshop 6.  Long time ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The legacy Picture Package plugin that Adobe Help refers to doesn't work in photoshop versions after the perpetual photoshop cs6 version on the windows side and photoshop cs5 on the mac side.

The one you downloaded from the Adobe Creative Cloud plugins is a little different, but still might serve your purpose.

It can be found in Photoshop under Plugins>Picture Package.

pp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff, I was expecting the old legacy plug-ins:

https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/photoshop/kb/optional-file-format-plugins/jcr_content/ro...

And now that I just checked, Picture Package isn't in there anyway!

The link in the OP is incorrect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Jeff.

Yeah, I ended up with that one and, sadly, it doesn't do what I'm hoping for.  So let me pivot to a new question, if I may.  Basically what I want to do is be able to take, let's say two different photos, resize both of them to 5x7, and print them together on a single 8.5x11 piece of paper.

Similarly do that with other, smaller sizes.

Basically, I don't wanna waste paper and kill trees.  The "Picture Package" as I remember it, YEARS ago, did that sort of thing.  This one from CC doesn't (as far as I can tell).

So... Any thoughts how I can accomplish this?  Would it be as simple as opening multiple photos, resizing, and copy/pasting?  Better way?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Chris Bartlett77 

Since the removal of the old 32bit plugin and the addition of the Frame tool, many users do this themselves.

They create a Photoshop template file at the appropriate print size/resolution and layout frames and rotated copies of frames to hold the images.

Then they drag-n-drop images into the frames or use the place command on a selected frame or the properties panel to populate the frame.

Some users may need to automate some of this:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/batch-process-one-image-into-multiple...

More on the Frame tool here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop/using/place-image-frame-tool.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop/using/tool-techniques/frame-tool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines