• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to keep only the outline of an object

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I am doing a project on photoshop and I imported an image there, I would like to create an outline for it and delete the image to keep only the outline. can someone please help me.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use new Content Aware Pen Tool https://youtu.be/sFvo9-DMlR0 or you can make selection and then convert it to pats from the Paths pannel. That is more easy. 

Do you often use the pen tool to trace photos so you can cut out the background? Try Photoshop's brand new Content Aware Tracing Tool! Pexels photos can be downloaded here: https://www.pexels.com/photo/red-envelope-with-fresh-red-flowers-inside-4219890/ ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a super easy way to do this - but I'm not exactly sure of what you are trying to do. If you have a subject on a layer with no background, you can add a layer style of a stroke around it. Then for the layer, set the fill to 0. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 2.15.07 PM.png

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to use Melissa’s method but you need to cut out the subject first, start by choosing the Select > Subject command, so that you can avoid as much manual selection as possible. Does the demo below do what you want?

Photoshop Select Subject leave outline.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new Layer above your image layer.

Trace or draw outline on a new layer. 

When done disable or delete bottom layer.  See screenshot.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, I was going to describe your images as very 'Andy Warhol' but I thought I'd better check, and his Marilyn Monroe images are not what I was remembering.  I actually like yours better than his horrible use of colour, but we are not allowed to question _anything_ labelled as art nowadays.

TrevorDennis_0-1646104741785.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😁

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines