• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to know on which layer is located a part of my drawing

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When drawing or painting in Photoshop, I use different layers for different part of my design. Sometime without knowing it,  I paint something on the wrong layer.

1. Then later, I try to modified the content but I cannot find the layer I have painted on. Is there a way to know on which layer is a color or part of a design ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could switch on AutoSelect in the move tool option bar, then clicking on the drawing will take you to the appropriate layer.

Also you can change the thumbnail size in the layers panel. To do that, click at the top right of the layers panel and in the drop down choose "Panel Options".

Dave

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is there a way to know on which layer ... "

In addition to what Dave said, when you right-click in your image, you will get a list of all of the layers under that mouse click. If you have named your layers, you should be able to recognize the name if that is your goal, or you can click the layer to select it in the Layers panel.

~ Jane

jane-e_0-1592747893115.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may Opt/Alt+Click to just see the content of the layer only as it hides the content of all the other layers. There is also a new feature called "Zoom to Layer' to select and pick any layer to zoom and work with. You just need to Opt/Alt+Click on the layer to select and zoom any layer, you want to work with. It will ensure that you are working on the layer you want to work with. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually more than one layer can be involved  layers can  blend together Photoshop has a layer stack that made into a image composite 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines