• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Maintain a transparent Packaging while exporting as PNG?

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, just need a help from you guys, recently i got a couple of product images to be processed for an online ecommerce website, the customer demanded that the packaging of their products are actually transparent so the packaging of the products which i process should also be transparent and i should give them the output as a png file. since they are planning to change the background color of the products through coding while they are listing it on the website, so at that time the packaging must be transparent and the background color must be properly visible through the packaging.

I blended the transparent packaging portions excluding the product in the package, and when i preview it on photoshop with a different color background its transparent itself, but when its exported as a PNG file, the transparent layers remains white..! 

kindly help me sort this pout if someone know what the solution is!

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a transparent background (base) layer and place your content on layers above that. Save a Copy as a png will save the transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried but its not working..! is there any option to retain the blending option (Multiply) applied on a layer while saving as a PNG File??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Have you tried exporting a png-24 viw File > Export > Save for Web (Legacy)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i tried it too... is there any option to retain the blending option (Multiply) applied on a layer while saving as a PNG File??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

»yes i tried it too... is there any option to retain the blending option (Multiply) applied on a layer while saving as a PNG File??«

Of course not, png does not support multiple Layers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

scrnshoty.jpegmerged.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merge the layers except the base layer before saving a copy as a png.  That will retain the blend mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»That will retain the blend mode.«

Relative to the other Layers in the image but not with regard to whatever background the png may be placed against later on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, while merging the layers, the blend mode that we applied for each layers will change and comes back to normal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the multiplying Layer purely neutral? 

Can you provide the file (with just that Layer)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct.  I assumed that's the OP meant!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>comes back to normal<<

Perhaps you can post a screen shot.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

merged.jpegscrnshoty.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I see what you're trying to do now.

I think *no* is the answer.  I thought that you meant photoshop transparency, as in alpha channels.  You want a transparent pack to remain see-through. It may be transparent to you and me, but it's just a bunch of pixels to any photo editing app. All I suggest that you can do is to cut masks to remove the pixels from the cellophane area.  You many be able to do that with the layer *blend if* tool or luminocity masks.

Maybe someone else has a better solution.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused about how this forum's thread works.  I thought that the recommended way was always to reply to the initial post, otherwise it breaks off into multiple mini-threads.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think of it as a NESTED forum.

If you reply to the main question, then it will create a new post.

If you reply to a specific thread then it is like replying to that nested set of comments.

Just like Facebook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely understand that. I've been here a long long time 😉  However, I thought that protocol was not to produce lots of mini threads branching off from the OP's initial post. This creates a chronolocical nightmare and breaks the flow away from a single coherent path.     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Layer is neutral it can be translated into white and black with transparencies. 

Screenshot 2021-05-20 at 11.32.43.pngScreenshot 2021-05-20 at 11.32.39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is easy.

Is saw your screenshot.

Open up the image. If it is one layer, then duplicate that layer. With the new layer... use anyone of the selection tools to select the background.  Then delete it.

Then delete the bottom layer or turn it off.

Viola... you have a clear background.

Honestly, it is that simple.  Takes just a matter of seconds to do and bam you are done. 

Save the image as PNG and you are golden.

If you want to make the package clear, that is another problem.  I like what 'c.pfaffenbichler' shared.

There are several ways to make the packaging look clear... tons of vids on YouTube.
If you are placing the image on a specific color background then you can easily go into the image and adjust the color of the clear part of the packaging to appear to be that specific color.  You just have to go in and be super precise in selecting that area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>>If you want to make the package clear, that is another problem.<<  

This is EXACTLY the OP's problem.  So not so easy after all, eh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines