• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make a gigantic layer thumbnail?

Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The largest thumbnail in the layer flyout menu option is not sufficient, I need a gigantic one.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is I need a standard layers-stack working display window and one separated layer from the layers-stack; they synchronically show what I am doing. 

If the navigator tool is selective in selecting layers, it could be possible to achieve this, but now I guess we need some help from javascript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the navigator tool is selective in selecting layers, it could be possible to achieve this, but now I guess we need some help from javascript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need layer A above layer B; it's not hard to understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would having a second monitor solve the need? I believe that a second monitor can be set up to mirror what you see on the first monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@barbara_aBut how would that solve viewing layer B isolated from the other layers on one view while displaying the full layer stack on the second view AND edits made in Layer B would update the full layer stack view in real time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, the monitor is not the key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will be solved if the navigator tool is selective in selecting the specific layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many screens do you use?  If you use a desktop system you could be clever with your screen sizes and resolutions.  Set the UI to 100% and have the layers panel on a second large screen with low pixel density.  My layers panel is on a 24" 1200 X 1920 screen and the thumbnails are planety big enough, (a fraction under an inch wide) and I have crap eyesight!  Steer clear of Retina displays with high pixel density for the second screen, and you should be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has no business with my screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines