• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make a subject closer

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I make a subject appear closer without moving his?  Kind of like the image closeup you see when you are resizing an image?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without moving his?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post an example image and describe what you want it to look like

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave you know how when you resize an image you get a close up while you are doing that to see what the pixels will look like.  I am trying to obtain that type of close ups on numerous animal photos I use for our non profit

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand you correctly, try Filter - Pixelate - Mosaic

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that 3 times, no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are trying to get a pixelated look?  Can you find an example of the effect you are aiming for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no just a close up if you take any photo and go to image/resize  the preview window it shows you while you are resizing is what I am trying to get

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seem to me what you are wanting to do is extract part of an image like an object in the image. Resize the object larger and composite the resized object into the original images composition enlarged.  Is that correct?

We are trying to understand what you want to do....

Image resize preview does not give you a close-up it does not change the image's perspective it just increase or decreases the image size and shows you a preview at some zoom level you can zoom the preview. Only at 100% zoom do you see what the actual resize image pixels will look like..

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, I want to make the whole photo appear closer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want to change the images perspective to make it look like it closer or do you just want  a larger image with the same perspective. When you resample the image it can be made larger but the image quality will go down some.

A perspective resize will add distortion to make thing look closer or farther away.

Photoshop also has a perspective crop tool you can use.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't crop it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by you want it closer but can't crop it?

Unless you make the image (i.e. the whole canvas)  itself larger , then you have to crop to make a subject area bigger in the same size frame.

I don't whether it is your explanation or our reading of it - but, as requested earlier, please put up a couple of snaphots that explain what it is that you do want.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

x.jpgI would like to make the cat appear closer, but I cannot exceed 500 pisxels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to give you bad news but if that is the standard of image you are working with , then you are flogging a dead horse.

The image has very few pixels, is badly lit, is badly exposed, is soft and is blurred, is full of jpeg artifacts.

No amount of work in Photoshop is going to put sharp detail into that fur.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah - your mention of pixels, in your earlier post, is what threw me.

Just use the crop tool to select the area you want

You can then resize (using image size with resample checked) to interpolate if you need more pixels e.g. if it starts to look pixelated). However there is a limit to what this can achieve. It can only approximate the in-between pixels, therefore your image will look softer the more you magnify it

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All these replies are correct - but answer different questions.

You really need to post a screenshot or two to show us what you want - then we can answer your question properly

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will post a screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just crop the edges so it looks closer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deer.jpg

At 'this point I'm guessing, but if this is what you have in mind, just crop the photograph. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An afterthought: If the image I posted is representative of what you had in mind, then there is something more to consider.

The size of the cropped image may be much smaller than the uncropped one. In that case – if your design layout requires you to enlarge the cropped version but also maintain the same image resolution, the necessary resampling will affect the quality if that cropped version.

Let’s hope that you are starting with high resolution large image and that you’re not chopping away a huge amount of the original when cropping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Norman,

I can't see the image you posted.  I am not croping, it was a general question how to make any photo appear closer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly just saw your photo, want it closer, but I can't crop anything out of it but want same result

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines