• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make actions default to the original path of the image (automatically updated path) in Photos

Enthusiast ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to make actions default to the original path of the image (automatically updated path) in Photoshop 2024?

I remember Photoshop CS6 is saved to the original path by default.

Starting from PS 2022, for example:

The path you recorded is D: \ a1 \ aa.jpg

When you use the previous action in D: \ b1 \ bb.jpg, the result will also be saved in D: \ a1\

This is not the result I want, I need to automatically update the storage path to the path where the original image is located (D: \ b1 \).

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might need a script.

Actions either record saving a file using an absolute path + file name or only an absolute path.

The File > Automate > Batch command can override recorded file paths and names.

A similar recent topic here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/recorded-action-save-as-to-current-fo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@dublove 

Can you post a screenshot of your Actions panel with all relevant open/save action steps expanded/visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines