• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make dialogue box settings sticky?

Participant ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started using Photoshop CC 2019. I want the settings I make in most of my dialogue boxes to be sticky. That is, the next time I open a dialogue box, I want the previous settings I made to still be present.

For example, the Export > Export As... dialogue box always opens by default with PNG set as Format, which I never use. I always have to change PNG to JPG. I want this dialogue box to open with JPG already set from the last time I opened this dialogue.

I looked under File > Preferences, but can't find where I can set this dialogue box behavior. Anyone know how? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be done in Preferences > Export:

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 10.58.42 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks gener7. That takes care of that example.

But is there a pref setting for whether other dialogue box settings are sticky or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most things in Photoshop are sticky by default. You can set Preferences and most Tools, Filters, Panels and Tool Options will remember what you did by writing to a Preferences file on exit. If you selected the Zoom Tool and changed the Foreground color to orange, that what you will have when you re-open Ps.

If you are in a situation where family or friends want to use Photoshop, don't let them log into your user account. They can change settings and you might not understand why your brush tool is not doing anything. In that case you have to reset the Tool. There are really too many Tools and settings to cover here, so if you have a particular question, I'll try and answer it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines