• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make this?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DSC_0476.JPGDSC_0476n.jpgHello. I am first time asking for help on this forum. I am using Photoshop for my own hobby, not professionally. Once I made this picture and I was absolutelly impressed by this line around Montmartre. I also loved sky colour. But then - few months I tried to do the same action again on the other pictures, but every time I failed it. I know it was something with Gradient Map and Linear Burn, but I am not quite sure. So I am honestly asking for help, because I really want to do this action many more times. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Hi

For some reason the forum wouldn't let me download the original full size - but using the reduced version I could get close with three Hue/Sat layers.
1. Set to darken the blues (with linear burn blend mode)

2. Set to multiply and darken only the blue sky (39% opacity)

3. Set to move the lighter sky to a more green color (normal blend mode)

The black line was created by expanding the mask so it just went into the edge of the building - darkening it
2019-09-15_22-15-03.jpg
Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, can you tell us what you think you did the first time? What steps or actions you used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, well that is the main problem of mine. I think I used something connected with tools Gradient Map and Linear Burn, but I cannot remember exactly which one. Thank You for answering me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the original image, or images, that you started with?
Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, yes, I just added original photo on my primary post. Thank You for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

For some reason the forum wouldn't let me download the original full size - but using the reduced version I could get close with three Hue/Sat layers.
1. Set to darken the blues (with linear burn blend mode)

2. Set to multiply and darken only the blue sky (39% opacity)

3. Set to move the lighter sky to a more green color (normal blend mode)

The black line was created by expanding the mask so it just went into the edge of the building - darkening it
2019-09-15_22-15-03.jpg
Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dave, I couldn't be more thankful for Your answer. I will consider your advise and I will apply it on my photos. Have a good day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you consider use the same actions and effects you must also consider record an action or even save presets for the options that best matches yours needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, now I know it. Thank You for your advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines