Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to move a layer by 10px using a Fn key

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I am wondering how you would move a item by 10px like you normally would by holding shift and an arrow key when you don't have arrow keys on your keyboard and you need to hold down a function key or 'Fn' key to use 'I,J,K,L' as arrow keys?

To be clear holding down the Fn key and moving the item by 1px is fine, but holding the Fn key and shift and the arrow key does nothing.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider creating an Action and assigning a Function key to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Norman I have always thought it was not possible to assign a Function key to an action without at least one modifier, but I just checked and that's not the case.  So thanks for the heads up.  I wonder if you can overwrite the hard wired F-keys though, like Brush, Info, Colour and Layers?  I never ever use them with their defaults, and a single key action is a very powerful tool indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Trevor, a photographer chum shoots work that is time sensitive -- high volume with crazy deadlines -- and has programmed his Fn 2 through Fn 9 (with and without using modifiers) to speed up his corrective routines. I have seen him work and have been dazzled by his speed with Fn adjustments of everything from image orientation, to changes in res, color, contrast and saturation -- sometimes tapping a key more than once to repeat the function. These days I am in no hurry and actually enjoy the Photoshop slow lane.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines