• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to only color a certain part of an image?

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to color an image in 3 different colors and make it even for each color. The problem is how to do that because selection tool doesnt allow me to do so. Also the middle of the image has an emblem and i need to leave that untouched. Is there any way to do this?

Image of what i am trying to color is posted.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your question? How to select yellow color or something else, I am not getting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to color the image 3 differnet colors evenly. From what i have seen Adobe does not have a tool to let you do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to color the image 3 differnet colors evenly. From what i have seen Adobe does not have a tool to let you do that.

By @Danny29632544pzc3

Of course there are several ways one can recolor images in Photoshop … what are you actually talking about? 

Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 11.29.44.pngScreenshot 2023-04-29 at 11.28.18.pngScreenshot 2023-04-29 at 11.27.53.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Layr > New Adjustment Layer > Hue/Saturation and paint the shield out with black in the Layer Mask. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, the image is indexed color GIF. If you want to replace existing colors with other colors, you can choose Image > Mode > Color Table and edit any of the colors currently used.

If you want more flexibility than GIF allows, choose Image > Mode > RGB Color, which will make many more selection tools available. For example, you can use something like Select > Color Range, shown below. Are you looking for something like this?

Photoshop Select Color Range.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can make selections for the colors by using  Select > Color Range.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines