Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to photoshop a smile?

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm hoping someone can help me please. I am looking at editing a smile and then layering it onto an existing face as part of a project. Does anyone have any props on how to do this?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

You may want to try using the Face-aware Liquify functionality:

Use the Liquify filter in Adobe Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to try using the Face-aware Liquify functionality:

Use the Liquify filter in Adobe Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'll give that a go

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'll give it a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing to understand is that there is much more involved in smiling than the mouth. Indeed, if the mouth is made to smile, but the eyes and face remain unchanged, this can produce a sinister and disturbing effect (rather like the Heath Ledger "Joker"). Mouth, eyes, eyebrows, wrinkles, cheeks and facial muscles are all involved. Incorrect lighting of teeth will be very obvious. The head may incline slightly, side to side or front to back, according to the person and the reason for the smile. A smile conveys emotion too (joy, victory, cruelty, politeness, humour, patience, indulgence, nervousness, terror...) and people can tell the difference. To do this well is a very challenging job for a great artist, and this is why it isn't one of those Photoshop tricks that are described in a 5 minute Youtube video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for your response. I should have probably given a little bit more detail in the OP. I essentially have a smiling face, I want to remove the teeth from the smile and create spaces between them, and then reinsert them into the person's smile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Newbie246  wrote

I want to remove the teeth from the smile and create spaces between them, and then reinsert them into the person's smile.

You shouldn't remove the teeth, but  paint gaps  over the  existing teeth  on a new layer.  If you paste the image to this thread, people will  demonstrate for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that was a really cool video! Not quite what I am doing and I have added a bit more information in my OP. I essentially have a smiling face, I want to remove the teeth from the smile and create spaces between them, and then reinsert them into the person's smile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a little bit more information:

I essentially have a smiling face, I want to remove the teeth from the smile and create spaces between them, and then reinsert them into the person's smile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines