• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to print a 4x4 on 4x6 paper without losing any of the image.

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to print a photo and the frame size is 4x4 and i will be printing on 4x6 paper. I do not want to lose any of the image by cropping, is this possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

If you do not want to crop, then to make that square, you will need to fill the sides using a brush and a bit of the clone tool. That should not be difficult given the dark backdrop. Alt click to pick up the colour and brush/clone onto a new layer.

Once done use Image - Image Size and set to  4 inches x 4 inches at 300dpi then Print.

Once you have your print at 6x4 - trim of the unprinted area to leave you with a 4x4 print

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have given the dimensions of the frame and of the paper and stated you want a square image. Printing a square image on larger paper should be no problem for most printers. Just send a 4x4 print to the driver.

However :

What are the dimensions of your starting image. Unless it is already square, you are going to have to crop / fill or transform(distort). The best choice will depend on the image.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DSC_0531.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to print this out to a 4x4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if it matters i have Photoshop cc and a canon pro 100 printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not want to crop, then to make that square, you will need to fill the sides using a brush and a bit of the clone tool. That should not be difficult given the dark backdrop. Alt click to pick up the colour and brush/clone onto a new layer.

Once done use Image - Image Size and set to  4 inches x 4 inches at 300dpi then Print.

Once you have your print at 6x4 - trim of the unprinted area to leave you with a 4x4 print

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the image you posted is not in the square aspect ratio. So you will need to crop the image into a square or even the 4 x 6 ratio, 3/2, and then print the whole image on your 4 x 6 paper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will it print on a 4x6 as a 4x4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want CD  album covers in colour from the pharmacy , they all printed wrong , this is what I finally did , used libra office to create a page 6x4 inches no borders or margins made the full page fill with light blue to avoid errors , saved this page then I dragged the image 4x4 onto the page , you won't see it properly untill you press print preview . If its ok go file export you then dropdown to jpeg rename the file so you don't lose your open office doc and save in a file I use my album covers . I found everything else too complicated I'm 75   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines