• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove text from the image has transparent background?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an image with transparent background. When I removed the text from the image, it appeared in full color and did not match the transparent background. Is there any way to make it work or do we have to recreate the transparent background?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi if you share the image it is easy for us to help you

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is the sample for my question above. I used the remove toolScreenshot at Oct 25 11-12-57.pngScreenshot at Oct 25 11-18-11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's entirely impossible to know without seeing your workspace.  If you can show us a full res screenshot of your workspace showing the layers panel, then we'll be able to see what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is the sample for my question above. I used the remove tool

Screenshot at Oct 25 11-12-57.pngScreenshot at Oct 25 11-18-11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only have a single layer, meaning the text is raster, which means pixel based, and means it is rough and horrible, so the first thing to do is recreate the text using the Type tool.  The font is Arial Bold.  You can see how much cleaner the text is on my recreation below.

image.png

The grid represents transparency.  I am not entirely sure if you want to have a white background, or leave it transparent?  If you want it to be white, create a new layer below the original layer, and fill it with white.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, but I think there's a slight misunderstanding.

I have a transparent image (this is an example so please ignore the low quality of it). I just want to remove the text from the image, without affecting the transparent background and also keep original transparent color. However, when I used remove tool to remove text, the result wasn't what I wanted (as in the above comment).Group 635181.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Eyedroper tool to select the colour.

Make a selection that covers the text.

Use Alt Backspace to fill the selection.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@yenkarine 

From a selection, use Edit > Clear (Backspace is the keyboard equivalent).

This is the menu command to delete a transparent layer's pixels to transparency.

If you need the ability to possibly undo this action sometime in the future, use Layer > Layer Mask > Hide Selection (or alt/opt click the layer mask icon in the layers panel).

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines