• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to search for files that are in folders?

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Ps for some time now, but never organized my files into folders (and subholders) before - I started to use Ps for different projects and needed a more organized way to keep files together BUT... now it's MUCH worse, because I can't search for the files!

Whenever I needed to access a file and knew the name of it, I would just write it and it would come right up. Now that everything is in folders NOTHING comes up! Please help! How can I fix this?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the sort of thing that Adobe Bridge is for:

https://www.adobe.com/au/products/bridge.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephan! Thank you for your answer, I have never used Adobe Bridge, so I just download and will be playing around with it. However, this doesn't fix the issue of being able to search files by name within the Photoshop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has never offered this feature***. Photoshop can make use of the operating system in the File > Open dialog window.

***Way back, Photoshop had a "file browser" – which was later morphed into a separate application... Adobe Bridge.

Otherwise, this is what the Finder on the Mac or the File Explorer in Windows offers, and there are also third party apps to find things as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@vanessaslv wrote:

...I can't search for the files!

As Stephen said, Adobe Bridge is good for this, and you can view the files outside of their folders which is sometimes helpful.

In macOS you can also use Spotlight in the upper right to type the name or part of the name.

• Click to open the file or
  • Command+Click to open Finder with the file selected or
  • at the very bottom of the list, choose to do a search using Finder
    (choose tab for current folder or hard drive)

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/spotlight-mchlp1008/mac

Spotlight is also build into a kazillion other places in macOS.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines