• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop "Pantone Colors May No Longer Be Available...." popup

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to dismiss this popup from happening every time I open a file? I get it. Pantone got greedy and things are changing. But I don't need to see the same message 50x a day. It's completely unnecessary and annoying. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

As a last (first?) resort, the following script can be used to open a file while ignoring dialogs:

var savedDisplayDialogs = app.displayDialogs;
app.displayDialogs = DialogModes.NO;
var fileOrFiles = File.openDialog("Select the file/s to open (ignoring warnings):", Multiselect = true);
for (var i = 0; i < fileOrFiles.length; i++) {
    var openFiles = app.open(File(fileOrFiles[i]));
}
app.displayDialogs = savedDisplayDialogs;

Once installed, the script could have a custom keyboard shortcut a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sarah25149933z35g Have you tried clicking on “Reset All Warning Dialogs” under the Preferences > General tab? Let us know if that stops it permanently for you (I'm on Windows 10, Photoshop 24.0.1 Release).

JEL_0-1671224318505.png

JEL_1-1671224386256.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That only works on dialog boxes that can be dismissed.  This dialog box does not have a checkbox that says, "check this to stop this thingy."  It only says CLOSE and LEARN MORE.  Nothing you do makes it go away.  Image processing srcripts that open hundreds of files, get HUNDREDS of popups!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... Image processing srcripts that open hundreds of files, get HUNDREDS of popups!

By @Matthew Vecera

So why can't you add the code to suppress dialogs to the script?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't own it, and I'm not that talented!

It is the Image Processor Pro script - and it is WAY, WAY too sophisticated for me.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ps-scripts/files/Image%20Processor%20Pro/v3_2%20betas/

MATTHEW VECERA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't own it, and I'm not that talented!It is the Image Processor Pro script - and it is WAY, WAY too sophisticated for me.https://sourceforge.net/projects/ps-scripts/files/Image%20Processor%20Pro/v3_2%20betas/MATTHEW VECERA
By @Matthew Vecera

That is a complex script!

I'll see iwhat happens when I bash my head against it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would deeply appreciate any effort you spend on it! THANK YOU!!!

MATTHEW VECERA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I would deeply appreciate any effort you spend on it! THANK YOU!!!MATTHEW VECERA
By @Matthew Vecera

I just tested in Ps 2024 (25.3.1) with Image Processor Pro (3.2b5) and I don’t get any popups (Intel Mac Monterey 12.7.2).

Same with the standard Image Processor script, no popups.

No popups with the script that I wrote earlier in this topic.

I do get a popup when manually opening the file in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sarah25149933z35g – Annoying, yes. I’m not sure if it is unnecessary, the alternative of ignoring this isn't that great either.

Once a legacy file has had the association of each spot channel changed from referencing an unavailable colour book to using picker Lab values, the message would no longer be triggered. 

Edit: More here –

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2022/12/photoshop-2022-pantone-color-book.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a last (first?) resort, the following script can be used to open a file while ignoring dialogs:

var savedDisplayDialogs = app.displayDialogs;
app.displayDialogs = DialogModes.NO;
var fileOrFiles = File.openDialog("Select the file/s to open (ignoring warnings):", Multiselect = true);
for (var i = 0; i < fileOrFiles.length; i++) {
    var openFiles = app.open(File(fileOrFiles[i]));
}
app.displayDialogs = savedDisplayDialogs;

Once installed, the script could have a custom keyboard shortcut applied via Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts. You could replace the standard CMD/CTRL + O shortcut by assigning it to the installed script.

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2017/11/downloading-and-installing-adobe-scripts.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines