• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use color picker without clicking on canvas

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there only one way to use eye dropper tool? I used to draw in clip studio and when I wanted to pick a color from anywhere I had to press just one button on my pen and the color was automatically picked from the place where I left my cursor. In photoshop I have like to press one button and then click on the place where my cursor is already located, It just annoys me. Is there a way or differnt option to use color picker without having to do that useless click? Put the cursor, press the button and boom the color is picked.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Laizd that is how the eye dropper is supposed to work - move your cursor to a location and click once - it picks up the color under the cursor.

What other button are you having to click? Do you mean a quicktool shortcut like Alt or I?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, forgot to mention that I use alt quicktool shortcut. I use my brush when Im drawing and when I want to pick a color I used(in other graphic programs) to just hover my pen over the place, then press alt button(which is binded to my pen) and immediately pick the color from the canvas, without having to "click once", color picker is just my best friend so I use it a lot. It speed ups the process and makes work more comfortable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could try to bind "alt" and "left mouse click" at the same button on my pen but Is there a way to do like that less overcomplicated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alt should work the same way in Photoshop. If you are using a Wacom pen, you should be able to bind Alt to your pen button - if using another brand Im sure their controls have similar options. There is no "intuitional" method to change a tool to the eye dropper/color sample. It requires some input to activate the tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't you really get the question, check how color picker works in clip studio paint, you just press a button and it just picks the color where your cursor hovered, no need for changing the tool or having to left click. I just solved that problem by binding "alt+left click" on my pen. I was looking for alternative option if the colorpicker quicktool "alt" button can automatically do the mouse left click because I don't need to move my cursor anymore and I don't need to click 2 buttons(alt, then left mouse click) if I can just press one (alt).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Laizd yes I did get the question and understood it just fine. Perhaps you didn't understand my answer.

No - you cant match the same behavior in Clip Studio Paint.

You have to click to capture the data with the eyedropper active (either on the tool or hot key shortcut). There is no solution currently in Photoshop to mimic the behavior you are looking for where a key command will capture the pixel/color data whereever the cursor is.

You can submit an Idea on the forums here for an enhancement where other users can upvote the idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines