• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML panel: "image changed" event in CC/CC2014?

Contributor ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I want to make a panel that would register if an image underwent any change (to be more specific, brush stroke). AFAIK this can be done via Generator and imageChanged event but I really this on a panel.

So my questions are:

1) Is there a way to get image changed event on a panel in CC/CC2014? (I think in CC2015 CEP6 there's such an event, but I'm on CC2014)

2) If now, is there a way to communicate between Generator scripts and panels, for example to turn Generator on and off from the panel.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

On 2) my solution was to setup a http-server on generator and use Ajax to communicate. Easier than it might sound (Node comes with ready WS-packages) nad gives you really nice responsive results. Starting generator pretty much requires some plugins to be installed, which on CC2014 can be done with a hybrid ZXP. See Generator guidelines/howto/getting started questions for more details

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On 2) my solution was to setup a http-server on generator and use Ajax to communicate. Easier than it might sound (Node comes with ready WS-packages) nad gives you really nice responsive results. Starting generator pretty much requires some plugins to be installed, which on CC2014 can be done with a hybrid ZXP. See Generator guidelines/howto/getting started questions for more details

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Matias, I'll try that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matias, thanks for you help, I wonder if you can write in mere depth about setting up a connection between generator and html panel? I hoped that jsx would return the state of the generator object but it didn't

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I found an example of communication through socket.io: Using Photoshop generator plugin together with HTML panel. Pseudo-untested-code · GitHub

However I have a different problem now: everything works when I'm starting generator script from terminal with

node app -f ../Generator

but when I simply restart photoshop it says there's an error with Generator and my script isn't in the menu. Is there a way to understand why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's "two generators" (i.e. two node.js servers), one built into Photoshop (~production) and one you launch from command line (~development). When you close Photoshop your development server also closes because it loses connection to Photoshop and you need to start it again after starting Photoshop. The error you see could be coming from the internal generator for example if you have invalid files in ~Plug-ins/Generator (i.e. place where internal generator is looking for plugins as opposed to the -f parameter you give to development server). You can find logs from %appdata%\Adobe\Photoshop\Logs (or something).

There's also the web server package that is a bit higher level in Node you can use

var _http = require("http")

var _url = require("url")

var _server = _http.createServer(onServerRequest)

_server.listen(8080)

function onServerRequest (request, response) {

var url = _url.parse(request.url, true, true)

response.setHeader("Access-Control-Allow-Origin", "*") // needed for browser debugging

if (url.pathname === "foo") {

// do something

} else {

response.writeHead(404, 'File not found', {'Content-Type': 'text/plain'})

}

response.end()

},

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately nothing particular is in the log file:

Log file created on Fri Sep 04 2015 13:50:06 GMT+0300 (MSK)

[debug:core 13:50:06.103 generator.js:99:17] Launching with config:

{}

[info:core 13:50:06.500 generator.js:197:25] Detected Photoshop version: 15.2.2

[debug:core 13:50:06.510 generator.js:1631:21] Loading plugin: generator-assets

[debug:core 13:50:06.571 generator.js:1647:21] Plugin loaded: generator-assets

[debug:core 13:50:06.572 generator.js:1631:21] Loading plugin: crema

***************** SVG is enabled - OMG!

requesting document info

[debug:core 13:50:06.709 generator.js:1647:21] Plugin loaded: crema

[debug:core 13:50:06.710 generator.js:1631:21] Loading plugin: generator-getting-started

I tried to run a simple server in Generator via http but I can't understand how to send message to panel (like in socket.io example) %( I know nothing about http

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Matias, I've tried to use your code (as is) from this topic First Ajax request really slow with Generator but I hadn't received any messages from the panel. Is the code there misses something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines