• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

huge brush lag

Enthusiast ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anybody knows how to deal with this problem?

default brushes are ok, but the minute i use any paint style brushes its too slow. my system uses NVIDIA 1060GTX 6GB, and i have 32GB ram  

Untitled-1-----.jpgIMG_2247.JPGIMG_2249 (1).JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me from time to time - especially when using the Mixer Brush.  I find the only workarounds are to unplug and replug the usb connector (to my Wacom tablet), and/or use a smaller brush, and/or work closer in to the subject, and/or close and re-open PS. I am usiing the latest PS and have the Nvidia 960M and 32gb ram. It's infuriating when it happens but I am used to dealing with it now. I do wonder if 64Gb ram and a faster cpu would help, but these are not options for me at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yea,  the whole "just buy a faster computer with more Ram"  

this was it, for me  this computer is that computer. so the answer must be somewhere else.

i have tweeked a few things with help from facebook users.

turned off windows ink (and used a patch to get back my brush sensitivity), used smaller canvas 300dpi instead of 600.  increased scratch disk to 20GB (from previous 17gb),  made sure im not using smoothing or stabilization (which i wasnt)

all these tips have made some improvement.   but still these brushes are slow. maybe its a characteristic of some brushes. but the maker of the brushes doesnt have this issue on his system. and he uses photoshop obviously, with a wacom 32"

so there must be something unique about my system that makes it do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems like we have checked off all the pre-flight settings.  I am getting it with the mixer brush when I am working on a 140dpi image if the brush has a large tip size (say 100 or so). Strangely, I don't get problems in Corel Painter 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines