• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am working on my psd in CS6. I went into preferences - rulers/units to change my rulers/type from rulers:inches, type:points to rulers pixels, type pixels. I am finding that when I make the shift the ruler changes from inches to pixels. Yet when I look

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on my psd file in photoshop CS6

i am designing a page for a website (72dpi). I went into preferences - rulers/units to change my rulers/type from rulers: inches, type: points to rulers: pixels, type: pixels. I am finding that when I make the shift the ruler increments change from inches to pixels. Yet when I look at the character box, the font measurement goes from points to pixels, but the number stays the same (ex:36 points now says 36 pixels.)  My programmer asks that I give her measurements in EM, yet when I look at a pt/px/em chart converter there is a big difference in size between 36 pixels and 36 points. What to do to give the programmer the right measurement?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Conversion from points to pixels will depend on your resolution (dpi) setting.

1 point is 1/72 of an inch.

So if your resolution is 72 dpi then 1 pt = 1 px

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines