• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I built and installed Plug-in... How do I run it?

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2011 Mar 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I just built the sample filter "Dissolve" and copied the file "Dissolve.8bf" into the plug-in folder:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins

Then I ran Photoshop and couldn't find how to run the plug-in. It doesn't appear in any menus, even after putting it in the subfolder "Filters" and changing the ending to capital letters ".8BF". How do I access plug-ins I built?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2011 Mar 30, 2011

Which version did you build and which folder did you copy it out of? Double check and make sure you got it out of Debug64 or Release64.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2011 Mar 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version did you build and which folder did you copy it out of? Double check and make sure you got it out of Debug64 or Release64.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2011 Mar 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah ok, that was it. Thanks!

For anyone else who's trying to solve this: In Visual C++, right click on "Solution", Select "Properties", click on "Configuration Properties and select "x64" under "Platform". Then build and copy the plug-in from "samplecode/Output/Win/Release64/" (or ".../Debug64/") anywhere into Photoshop's plug-in folder. You needn't change the extension ".8bf" to capital letters. The filter "Dissolve" was accessible through "Filter -> Adobe SDK -> Dissolve..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines