• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't install Photoshop error 176

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't install Photoshop on my computer due to error 176, It tells me: Error code 176: Cannot install to a network drive

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Hey Jane, 

I didn't get that far, however I did come across another post which had the solution to this issue. 

Delete files in caps:

Windows: C>Program files or Program files(x86)>Common files>Adobe>Caps
Mac OS X : Macintosh HD>Library>Applciation support>Adobe>Caps.

As soon as I did this, creative cloud installed both Photoshop and Lightroom and recognised again that I had previous versions on my PC, and updated them. This meant my preferences and set-up remained. 

Hope this helps those who come

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Saul Rosario 

Error code 176 indicates that you are trying to install the app on a network drive. The solution is to select another install location in your device preferences, and install the app again.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html#error176

janee_0-1686099621266.png

This is not a developer question, so I have moved your post to the Photoshop forum for you.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already done everything following each instruction and the error continues, I even uninstalled my Creative Cloud, I changed the installation location in preferences and nothing. The problem continues I don't know what to do help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already done everything

By @Saul Rosario

You can't install Photoshop on a network drive. Try installing it on your C : drive.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already tried friend, I have tried everything and the error continues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Saul Rosario 

Contact Adobe Customer Care for assistance. They can look at your computer. Try the link to auto-open the Chat:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen  
Type "agent"

If your browser is blocking the Chat window, try the steps here:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703  

You can also send a tweet to @AdobeCare.

Do not reply to PMs, which are likely to be scammers.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2023 Nov 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any luck with this? im running into the same problem, even when installing into my C drive..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also running into this problem. It is as if it has desynced with my computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Garth5CD1 and @ellojamie 

What happened when you contacted Adobe Customer Care?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jane, 

I didn't get that far, however I did come across another post which had the solution to this issue. 

Delete files in caps:

As soon as I did this, creative cloud installed both Photoshop and Lightroom and recognised again that I had previous versions on my PC, and updated them. This meant my preferences and set-up remained. 

Hope this helps those who come across this issue. 

There seem to be multiple threads on this same issue, so this should be the solution when running into the problem when installing locally. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for me, there is no caps folder/file, still not sure whats not working..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nevermind im dumb, he meant all the files starting with capital letters. Apologies!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok nvm it still isnt working'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nevermind im dumb, he meant all the files starting with capital letters. Apologies!

By @Garth5CD1

No, he meant a file with the name "caps". If you are on macOS, the library file is a hidden file and you have to show hidden files. There are also multiple library files. If you are still having trouble, contact Adobe Customer Care with the above instructions.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, you are my hero!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for me it was in the x86 Folder. Thanks for posting this, worked instantly after I deleted the caps folder. I have my adobe stuff not installed on C but on a different drive. No problems so far. Yet I had to lose this drive for reasons. After that Photoshop would not install anywhere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ME TOO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You, my good sir, are an absolute LEGEND

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue but it doesnt matter where i try to install it, every location is rejected. What do i do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue but it doesnt matter where i try to install it, every location is rejected. What do i do now?

By @Red Chocolate

Have you contacted Adobe Customer Care for assistance? If not, scroll up to see the directions in the post dated 07 June 2023 earlier in this thread.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @Red Chocolate

For me following the instructions from @ellojamie fixed it for me:

Delete files in caps:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines