• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't use Alt as a shortcut for the Eyedropper tool anymore.

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was used to press Alt as a shortcut if I wanted to use the Eyedropper tool, but all of a sudden I can't do it anymore. I had had to reinstall my Wacom tablet owing to a problem with drivers, I did it successfully and (I don't know if these things are correlated) while I was re-setting up all of my custom shortcuts I realized that only letters from A to Z are allowed as shortcuts for Tools. This really upsets me.
Is there a chance to fix this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

The Alt  key is a modifier key used by many Photoshop features and modifies the feature's current operation.  Like Transform will be from the center when alt is held pressed.  The clone stamp tool will sample instead of clone when Alt is held press,  The brush tool will sample color instead of paint when Alt is held pressed.  Modifier Keys (Shift Atl Ctrl) Windows (Shift Option CMD) Mac can be used in some shortcuts.   Why does Tools shortcut being letter letters only upset you.  I would think t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Alt  key is a modifier key used by many Photoshop features and modifies the feature's current operation.  Like Transform will be from the center when alt is held pressed.  The clone stamp tool will sample instead of clone when Alt is held press,  The brush tool will sample color instead of paint when Alt is held pressed.  Modifier Keys (Shift Atl Ctrl) Windows (Shift Option CMD) Mac can be used in some shortcuts.   Why does Tools shortcut being letter letters only upset you.  I would think that several tools having the same letter shortcut where you need to use the Shift modifier key plus the tools shortcut letter  SHIFT+shortcut letter to cycle through the tools would be what would upset you. Like the shortcut letter " I" is used for 6 tools... SHIFT+I So "I" by itself is the last tool in the group of tools the was last used/selected in the group. So shortcut keys like v, l, i, etc change they may be any toom in the group.  Ypu vcan nor also edit the tool panel and chane this.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines