Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

I have a problem loading Neural filters with Photoshop 23.0.0

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with Photoshop 23.0.0 with Macbook Pro M1 Max and when I start the Neural filter is not loading,no matter how much time I wait for this.

Does anyone experience similar issue?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021
If you log back into the prior user, can you pull the "PluginData" folder from the following locations (move to your desktop): Windows: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\ PluginsStorage\PHSP\23\Internal\com.adobe.nfp.gallery\PluginData Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP/PluginsStorage/ PHSP/23/Internal/com.adobe.nfp.gallery/PluginData Then launch Photoshop and see if the neural filters work? If not, zip up the PluginData folder and post a link for me to download for o...

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on M1 MacBook Air, base model. I have not found any solution. I wonder if it even works on the base model. ?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried any of the troubleshooting steps here? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/neural-filters-feedback.html

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response!

{You see “Loading” displayed indefinitely when using Neural Filters with Grayscale images}

I saw that page earlier but for the 'ever-loading' problem it says to update to the latest version. I did that today but still no luck (with grayscale or color images?). I have tried starting in Rosetta and not, both being unsucessful to load any neural filters. Should I completely uninstall Photoshop and try again, do you suggest? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't expect a reinstall would fix it. Try this quick test: Create a new Admin user account and run Photoshop from the new user account to see if the problem goes away: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html#permissions 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did the trick! The neural filter window now loads and I can download filters. Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you log back into the prior user, can you pull the "PluginData" folder from the following locations (move to your desktop):

WindowsC:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\
PluginsStorage\PHSP\23\Internal\com.adobe.nfp.gallery\PluginData

Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP/PluginsStorage/
PHSP/23/Internal/com.adobe.nfp.gallery/PluginData

Then launch Photoshop and see if the neural filters work? If not, zip up the PluginData folder and post a link for me to download for our engineers.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see the folder you mention. I have 

Adobe/UXP/extensions/  then two folders: com.adobe.ccx.start-4.4.0  and  com.adobe.ccx.start-5.0.0

extensions is the only folder in UXP. ?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you're looking at the system Library level.

In the Finder, click on the Go menu, then hold down the option key. The hidden User library folder with appear in the menu. Select it - and try to navigate to the folder location I provided above.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did the trick. Thanks very much and have a great day!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Would it be possible to get a copy of the bad folder you pulled out?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, it is a folder named PHSP and under info is 0 bytes. I don't see how to attach a file, though. Should I send it by email somewhere?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll send you a direct message.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines