• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I just installed Photoshop 2023. How do I delete previous versions of Photoshop?

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the new Photoshop 2023 and still have copies of 2021 and 2022 on my Mac. I would like to keep 2022 for backup but would like to get rid of 2021. How do I delete safely without it screwing with my v2022 and 2023? It doesn't show up in my Creative Cloud for some reason, so I can't unintall from there. There is though an uninstall app inside the 2021 folder. Is it safe to use that to get rid off 2021 without it affecting my 2022 and 2023 plugins etc.? Or is there another way I should go about this?

Thank you to any and all who respond!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use your OS uninstaller for programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That works for Windows I think, but since the original post noted macOS, there is no macOS native uninstaller because the usual one-step way is to simply delete the app package (“throw it in the trash”). But Creative Cloud apps do not properly support that method, so uninstalling on macOS requires a Creative Cloud uninstaller, either in the desktop app or the one found in the application folder as mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can uninstall using that uninstaller in the folder you mentioned. It's safe.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines