• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm back but not

Advisor ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got hit by hurricane Michael last October. Finally back in my apt and am getting my towers back online.

Been on ChromeBooks in the meantime.
This site has changed again. I miss the NNTP days.

Can't say I'll be around all that long, maybe a month or two.

After I get my MacPro back up and running, I'll probably push a final rev of IPP out the door.

-xbytor

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to see you're still around! Yes, this site just changed last week, and they're trying to work out the bugs - lots of them. Lots of folks are taking about IPP and how something got broke with some newer versions, most likely an install issue. Many are wanting Adobe to incorporate IPP as standard for a PS install. Everyone is taking wild guesses on why they don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some other things that have many of us concerned is that Adobe deleted up to the last two years of posts. They said they were going to archive some things, but we're not sure what that will be or how we can access it. All the scripting communities are concerned about losing so much information. Old threads that do still show up in a search are kind of in a limbo state. You can respond to them, your response might show up in someone email feed, but your reply is lost on the main thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Some other things that have many of us concerned is that Adobe deleted up to the last two years of posts.

Well that sux. Kinda like losing all of the old NNTP traffic when they first went to a web based forum.

I still have that stuff archived somewhere.

But ps-scripts.com is up and running, at least, so some legacy info is still out there.

-X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, very good that ps-scripts is back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad to see you - you are legend.

Adobe is now more serious about members, I see they fix bugs and care of Bridge what Paul Riggott would be happy of.

All bugs from last 6 months reported by users have been fixed, also all most popular changes to the UI implemented - what is huge shock for me! Let Paul Riggott know of https://adobebridge.uservoice.com/ to experience it himself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I'm glad to see you - you are legend.

I was. I'm retired now. Haven't written any code in over a year. That will change for a bit when my MacPro is back up

but that appears to be more of a problem than I was anticpating.

>Adobe is now more serious about members, I see they fix bugs and care of Bridge what Paul Riggott would be happy of.

Makes me happy, too, especially the bug fixes. I have a few old RexExp bugs that I wonder if the fixed. I also wonder if they

are using a version of JS from this century.

-X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some Ps RegExp bugs they fixed, but that was already before latest revolution. If you mean those from Bridge I noticed the serious ones (however not regexp's) they fix quite fast, but to implement what user want they need approx. 20 - 30 votes to do that most of us exactly want. Create a topic on UserVoice for Bridge and let's hope we'll find more users to support your idea now when it brings positive results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey great to see you post! I've been working on Bridge scripts and... oh what a mess. We definitely need IPP or an alternative as a shipping part of PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is wrong with a replies to one's comment? It says 'Start typing your response', but I can't open more options until I press Enter! Then I may edit my post where I see everything I wrote is partially turned into subject. So I delete it and only then I can write normal content. How to change it? And why I'm getting to E-Mail my own answers 😕

btw I still don't know what is IPP?

I also asked in other topic but noone answered to me how to directly open Photoshop forum with an 'Action and Scripting' tab checked (so without doing it manually every time)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't use the return then responding to a post in a sub thread. It's better to use the blue reply button.

IPP is Image Processor Pro.

You can change your notification settings in your preferences, so that you don't get an email to your own comment.

Old post really can't be used, other than reference. If you try to respond to them, the response isn't shown on the forums. Lots of problems to be resolved with these new forums. So that might be why you're not getting a response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that's unnecessary option 'Notify me when I post, reply or comment' so I checked it off, and I don't understand why by default that wasn on, but thx for the tip.

I don't want to use blue reply button to answer to certain person. That button is to reply to original poster, to avoid making the mess. I'm disappointed I have to write now messages to subtheards in notepad to answer them twice on the forum. Who the heck thought it up? 😕

We can't see also who liked our posts what I don't like as well, however that maybe is not so important.

Ah, and where are ACP forums, and why I can't send private messages. What's wrong with this forum 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On these sub-replies, you can post, then edit the post to get the full edit box. Yes PMs are an issue. Hopefully they will fix that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit post to contain everything I want to say? If I have longer post to write and I just start it then before I finish editing it I risk someone will be faster with answering to just the beginning of my reply. That should be ulimately changed.

The other thing is when I'm getting someone's reply to the E-Mail I can't expand it to everything there was wrote. I just see only part of first line. If I want to see everything I have to open forum 😕

And what is really stupid, when I click the link in the E-Mail it doesn't take me to certain reply but just to the theard. So then I have to look for that reply, expanding all possible replies (that are collapsed 😞 ) to see which of them is to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines