• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I only want to save to my hard drive.

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it now irritatingly difficult to simply save a JPEG to my hard drive?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2024 Jul 13, 2024

@NCS.7777777 

If this is a Photoshop question, go to Preferences > File Handling and change the Default File Location from "Creative Cloud" to "On My Computer". 

If you don't see JPEG as an option when you choose Save As, you can find png, jpg, pdf, etc., in Save a Copy or you can revert to the previous behavior in Preferences > File Handling > File Saving Options:

• Enable Legacy Save As
  • Do not append Copy to filename

Do either of these answer your question? If not, please clarify!

Your

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use save as

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop bigs">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2024 Jul 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@NCS.7777777 

If this is a Photoshop question, go to Preferences > File Handling and change the Default File Location from "Creative Cloud" to "On My Computer". 

If you don't see JPEG as an option when you choose Save As, you can find png, jpg, pdf, etc., in Save a Copy or you can revert to the previous behavior in Preferences > File Handling > File Saving Options:

• Enable Legacy Save As
  • Do not append Copy to filename

Do either of these answer your question? If not, please clarify!

Your post was moved to Creative Cloud Desktop, but we will be happy to move it again to the Photoshop forum or whichever application you are using.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2024 Jul 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant.
Solved.
Thanks very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2024 Jul 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome @NCS.7777777 , I'm happy to help! Also, I've moved your post from Creative Cloud Desktop to the Photoshop forum for you.

Jane 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines