• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I oversized the full-resolution PSD - can I recover my original file?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Ps 2023, MacOS, and just oversaved my original (full size) Ps file. I remember that back in the day that Ps was keeping versions locally but cannot find that folder anymore.

Is there any way of recovering the original file in full size?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the file closed after saving?

Did you save the file as a cloud file? Then version variants are available there. But not on your local computer (if you have not saved versions yourself)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On your Mac do you have Time Machine turned on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time Machine was mentioned, but if you have your main drive formatted as APFS (Apple File System), it does keep "snapshots". See if this helps: https://iboysoft.com/wiki/apfs-snapshots.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do that while the file is still open, you can always go to the History panel and go back to the state it was when you first opened it. Then save it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On a Mac: User > Library > Application Support > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop 20XX > AutoRecover

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines