• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I updated my Photoshop CC and all of my installed content & actions are missing!!

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my Photoshop today and all of the actions that I had installed are missing.  Any 'assets' that I downloaded from the Library are still there, but everything else is gone.  These are things that I paid for and will not be able to get back without buying them again (if I can even track down where I bought them from).  Has anyone had this happen to them?  Any ideas on what might have happened or if there is a way to get them back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Stephen_A_Marsh wrote:

Did you uninstall the old version?

That doesn't normally remove the presets folders.

Brittany, what operating system are you using?  This page will give you the file locations.

Preference file functions, names, locations | Photoshop CC 2014

Note, if using Windows you need to make Hidden Files & Folders viewable in File Explorer. 

You'll find your actions, brushes etc. in the Presets folder for the previous version.  I'm guessing that your computer User Name won't be 'Trevor'

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen_A_Marsh wrote:

That doesn't normally remove the presets folders.

Brittany, what operating system are you using?  This page will give you the file locations.

Preference file functions, names, locations | Photoshop CC 2014

Note, if using Windows you need to make Hidden Files & Folders viewable in File Explorer. 

You'll find your actions, brushes etc. in the Presets folder for the previous version.  I'm guessing that your computer User Name won't be 'Trevor' though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Trevor, where I was going with that question was that if one has access to the old version, it is easy enough to manually save out the various assets (which arguably might be wise to do before upgrading). This reminds me of a recent thread about transferring actions, when there had been no saving of the individual actions and the only actions “file” was the Actions Palette.psp file:

However or here:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines