• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to make a similar post for travelling campaign any links to a tutorial?

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kcb-goal.png

Does anyone have a tutorial link guide in making such. any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt a tutorial that’s really close to this specific case exists and you should instead simply focus on the Layer Masking and the use of Smart Objects to maintain edibility without unnecessary image deterioration when you transform objects multiple times.

What images do you have so far?

Have they been taken for this job specifically or are you using stock images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is quick and dirty, but you'll get the idea

You need to start with a cut out of your subject.  Use Select Subject, and add a layer mask.  Clean up as required

You have options now, but the easiest method is to Clip the foreground objects to the background to prevent them overlapping.

Some elements will look better if they do overlap, but you will need to cut them out from their backgrounds.

The layer order is important, but you can experiment until you get what you want

I'm sorry I do not have time for a more detailed answer, but ask specific questions, and I might be able to get back later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THis is good let me try this out and if i get stuck i will surely ask the questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let me reiterate the recommendation to work with Smart Objects.

With a montage of a complexity like your example displayed it seems quite possible that you may have to move, scale, rotate, … certain elements again and again until you arrive at the result you want.

Those repeated transformations would damage a plain pixel layer’s content accumulatively whereas in a Smart Object the result is always calculated afresh from the source material.

And the same goes for the Layer Masks.

That is pretty much irrelevant for soft Masks, but I you clip out an element sharply the Mask, too, would suffer from repeated transformations.

And one more point on Masks:

Meaningful units should ideally not be broken; meaning if you have clipped a person for example but need to additionally fade it on one side painting the fade into the Mask can prove troublesome in the long run if the need for later amendments should arise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ideally the clipped Smart Objects should, in my opinion, be masked inside.

If they are needed clipped and unclipped one can use Layer Comps to have one SO contain both states.

Aside from that one can use multiple instances of one SO and by linking them use one in the back- and one in the foreground but have them transform together. (edited)

crowMontageTestScr.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines