• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i would like photographic toning gradients in cs6 for photoshop cs5? how do i do this please?

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i would like photographic toning gradients in cs6 for photoshop cs5? how do i do this please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you talking about exactly?

Please post screenshots to clarify.

Of course one might have to factor in how out-of-date Photoshop CS5 is and correct one’s expectations accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello and thank you for your respose,     i have photoshop cs5........ i would like to add the photographic toning gradients in photoshop cs6 to my version.how can i do this..... can i upgrade my version? or add the gradients in a download? or pay for it to be done? is there a site that i can visit that will tell me how to achieve this?( i dont think i need to send screen shots).

or do i have to buy a version of photoshop cs6?

many thanks,

brandon

Mod Edit: Personal information removed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And please try to explain what you mean by »photographic toning gradients« exactly – an Adjustment, a Filter, …?

No feature of that exact name comes to my mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can i upgrade my version?

Both Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CS5 are obsolete and Adobe does not sell licenses or upgrades for those anymore.

You may want to consider switching to CC, the Photography plan does not seem terribly expensive.

An aside: If you decide to stick with obsolete software you should make sure to be able to roll back any and all future software and hardware updates in case they »break« your set-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thank you.

i have had my version for a long time.... might be time to invest again.

thanks very much

brandon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But still: What were you talking about – Gradient Layers, the »Photo Filter« Adjustment, HDR Toning, …?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brandon

I guess you are talking about the «Photographic Toning» Gradient that we have since CS6.

In CS5 and higher: First you need an Adjustment-Layer called «Gradient Map». The Photographic Tonings are actually nothing more than more complex gradients. You can also do them by your own. Or a buddy with CS6–CC can Save them for you.

Hope, this helped you!

Regards,

Joely (Lucerne, Switzerland)

PS: Yes, invest some good money in Creative Cloud, CC 2019 will be awesome 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, the OP had actually used the correct terminology and I had misinterpreted.

brandonb91122464, are Gradient Map Layers available in CS5?

Then it should be no problem to load the file »Photographic Toning.grd« which you could copy from CS6 if you have that, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello and cheers for the reply,    thanks so much for the advise, yes thats all very helpfull.i'll see if anyone i know has cs6!!

thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, it has been a few years since you posted this question and you may have found the answer through a web search. Julianne Kost posted to her blog about the Photographic Toning Presets in PS CS6. She includes a PSD file showing all of the presets along with three additional ones she made. She also has a ZIP file with the presets in them, GRD, file. I too am using CS5 and was able to save the presets from the PSD file, but you can also simply install the GRD file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines